Shiver me timbers! It's time to hunt for treasure, but first, you need some pirate clobber!
- We often put items in the bin without thinking about how else we could use them.
- Watch the videos to see how to make your very own pirate hat, telescope and eye patch out of recyclable treasures!
Children watch videos showing how to make a pirate hat, telescope and eye patch out of recyclable treasures they find at home. Then have a go themselves.
It’s important to consider how crafts can be recycled once you no longer need or want them.
- – Be sure to take the items apart
- – Ensure everything is clean, dry and loose before recycling
- – Check your local waste facilities about what items go in which bin
- – Consider going as eco as possible (eco alternatives are available such as bamboo paintbrushes, soy crayons, homemade playdough & glue, paper straws, recycled card)
- – Never use glitter (that can make items unrecyclable); use eco tape – this is recyclable (plastic sticky tape is not) and eco-paint
- – Don’t forget to remove any metal objects such as staples
Don’t forget! Take a photo of your build and upload it to enter the Badge Mission Competition prize draw.
How to make a pirate hat
How to make a pirate eye patch
How to make a pirate eye patch1
How to make a pirate eye patch4
You’ll be able to get anybody in your family that isn’t recycling right to walk the plank when you’re in your pirate clobber!